The Benefits of Full-Spectrum CBD
Let’s begin by saying that hemp and cannabis plants aren’t as simple as many people think. Given the history of hemp and cannabis in the United States, there are still tons of people who see it as no more than a sordid drug that stoners smoke to get high. This couldn’t be further from the truth. There are diverse, ever-expanding medicinal properties of the plant being scientifically-proven all the time.
It’s the countless, intricate chemical compounds harnessed within the hemp plant that provide these incredible medicinal benefits. But, as with all chemistry, when it comes to discovering the characteristics of each chemical, it is a majorly complex process. And because of this, the art of crafting CBD products is highly technical, highly scientific stuff. That’s where we come in...
We believe that each of the beneficial properties found within a hemp plant are characteristics that should never be wasted. There’s no reason to not benefit from all that potential, whether it be for medicinal use or for recreational purposes while sipping a beer with your buddies. This is why all of our vapor cartridges contain full-spectrum CBD vape oil. But what exactly does full-spectrum CBD refer to?
What is full-spectrum CBD?
The chemistry that goes into every CBD product that we produce is impossibly intricate at the best of times (hence why we compiled a team of some of the Pacific Northwest’s best scientists). So, let's go back to the basic compounds that give each individual product its character. In the simplest of terms, these can be broken down into Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Flavonoids:
These are the chemical compounds that give CBD products their therapeutic properties through the way in which they interact with the central nervous system. There are around 100 cannabinoids present in a typical hemp and cannabis plant, so you can see where this starts to get technical. Two of the more commonly mentioned cannabinoids are CBD and THC, both of which are responsible for having therapeutic and psychoactive effects on your body.
Terpenes are compounds that give each CBD strand its own individual characteristics. This includes the fragrance that each strain gives off. Think of it like the subtle tones you get in your favorite glass of premium whiskey or bottle of artisanal ale. Not only do these naturally-occurring scents make our products smell absolutely fantastic, they also provide therapeutic benefits of their own. Much in the same way that zesty smells can help you relax or cinnamon notes can boost your focus levels, for example. The best part? It’s all natural!
Flavonoids are compounds that occur naturally in all kinds of fruit and vegetables. Hemp plants include around 20 different flavonoids, each with its own therapeutic properties. In fact, studies have suggested that the flavonoids found in certain strains of hemp and cannabis have anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective characteristics, as well as anti-cancer properties (what's not to like?)
What sets full-spectrum CBD apart from CBD isolate products is that it contains small amounts of all of these compounds, including THC. This brings with it not only the authentic notes and flavors of the plants, but also the multiple benefits that these compounds possess. As for what those benefits are...
What are the benefits of full-spectrum CBD?
So now that we know what full-spectrum CBD is, let's discuss exactly what full-spectrum CBD does. There are a number of benefits that come with using products like full-spectrum CBD vape oil, which make them appeal to the masses and not hemp and cannabis enthusiasts alone.
- The health benefits of using full-spectrum CBD products include the treatment of muscle spasms, inflammation and general pain, as well as a host of other health issues. While CBD isolate products also help combat such issues, studies show that full-spectrum CBD is more effective in this regard.
- In addition to your physical health, full-spectrum CBD products are also proven to be beneficial for your mental health. Our products may be used to help alleviate anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and PTSD.
- CBD is proven to be more potent when working in unison with other compounds. Therefore, with THC added into the mix, the effects of each product become accentuated, providing a more effective result.
- Full-spectrum CBD products have been scientifically proven to improve sleep quality. Not only do our full-spectrum CBD vape oils help you get a better night’s sleep, they also help alleviate conditions such as insomnia. By using the right strains, you are sure to experience the best night’s sleep you have ever had.
- Hemp oil is a product that can help promote the health of your skin. That's right! Thanks to the naturally-occurring vitamins and fatty acids found in CBD oil, it can help build and maintain healthier skin.